Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Hey everyone! My name is Casey and I'm a fellow Youth Development major who can't wait to graduate in the spring!

I am 21 and my birthday is December 30th and I'm an only child! I live in Cranston and went to Cranston High School West and I have also lived in Scituate, Providence,and North Providence. I currently have three jobs keep me very busy. I am a shift supervisor at CVS, I work as a clerical assistant at the Alumni office on RIC's campus and I work at St. Paul's school in the after school program and as a teacher assistant in the pre-k 3 room. I am also the president of my sorority, Delta Phi Epsilon, which is like another part time job that I love.

I have about eight years of experience working with children and my first job was working at a day care. In high school I was in the child development vocational program and my love for working with children grew. When I came to RIC I was declared an Early Childhood education major and minoring in special ed and I soon realized a classroom setting was not where I wanted to be. I was enrolled in a course called eced 290, one of my early childhood courses, but there was a lot of social work involved in that class and that is when I discovered Youth Development. Now that I am graduating and have my internship in an after school program, I finally know that this is where I am supposed to be. The people who I have met through the Ydev program and the professors who have inspired me all have made such a difference in my life as a youth worker.

The picture above is myself and my sorority's leadership team. It is composed of the president and 6 vice presidents who each have unique leadership roles.

The picture above is my papa and I laughing and being silly. He was my best friend, he passed away in 2005 </3
The picture above  is of my and I and it was taken at our beach house in Narragansett. I am an only child and we have a very close relationship. I tell her everything and trust her with me life. 
The picture above was taken when I graduated from Cranston High School West in 2013. I am with my mom and grammy who both been my biggest support systems in my life so far.
The picture above is me with my two best friends, Amanda and Quizia. I have known them since I was in 4th grade because we attended the same Catholic school and still have remained friends. 
The picture above is of my dog Zoe! She is a pitbull mix and she is about 5 years old! We rescued her from a shelter in 2012 and she is the biggest sweetie you will ever meet!



No comments:

Post a Comment